Daracon was awarded the contract for the Redevelopment of Newcastle East Public School Playground which involved removal of contaminated material.
The NSW Department of Education had previously identified the potential for contamination at Newcastle East Public School caused through the replacement of existing roofing and contaminated fill material in past projects.
Scope of Works
- Clearing and Grubbing of trees nominated for removal
- Upgrading stormwater services for improved drainage
- Remediation and capping of contaminated materials
- Construction of retaining walls including footings and concrete works
- Installation of new ground coverings
- Fencing installation
- Installation of landscaping structures
- Installation of play equipment
- Safely working in a live school environment whilst completing contaminated material removal in conjunction with importing large quantities of clean capping material
- Successfully managing relations and perceptions of the school, parents and neighbours
- Managing a partially complete landscape design and working with all required stakeholders to achieve the desired outcome