The Lee Wharf 4 and 5 project, located at the popular Honeysuckle Precinct near Newcastle CBD, required placing rock revetment along the existing sheet pile walls, upgrading and stabilising the existing seawall to ensure it remained structurally sound and supported for future urban development.
Scope of Work
- Demolition of Lee Wharf 5 behind the new rock revetment
- Reclamation of land behind the new revetment at Lee Wharf 5
- Installation of full-height rock revetment at Lee Wharf 4 and 5
- Extension of existing stormwater structure through new revetment.
- Supply and placement of 30,000 tonne of suitable rock, all meeting strict size and durability requirements sourced from Daracon Quarries
- Placing rock to the tight design tolerances underwater
- Careful plant selection and management, with plant working at operational capacity to construct deep revetment with a landside approach
- Successfully working adjacent to public access areas and the commercial precinct without complaints
- Managing environmental sensitivities including noise, dust and water quality.