Daracon Landscaping were awarded the soft landscaping package for the Lachlan’s Bridge in early July 2019 to enable the specified plant species, numbers and sizes to be available for when planting works would begin in April 2020.
The former industrial site has been developed by Landcom to accommodate 2,700 new residences to cater for over 5,000 people. The project forms the northern end of North Ryde Station Precinct, located between North Ryde and Macquarie Park Stations. The newly installed bridge is the fist-of-its-kind with a double helix design, 170m long with over 2,700 steel plates welded together of brightly painted blue steel, weighing 335 tonnes.
Scope of Works
- Shaping and cultivation of the eastern and western entry platform mounds;
- Supply and installation of garden and turf soils;
- Supply and placement of woodchip and river stone mulches;
- Installation of large drystone boulders as informal low retaining walls;
- Supply and install of steel edging separating turf and garden beds;
- Supply and installation of plants material, ranging in size from tubestock to advance 100lt feature trees;
- Supply and laying of turf to open space areas;
- Supply and installation of a fully automatic irrigation system to the turf areas; and
- Carry out 12 months maintenance on the turf and gardens areas.