The Cottage Creek and Promenade Foreshore Upgrade Project is located within the Honeysuckle Precinct Area which is adjacent to Newcastle CBD. The Foreshore upgrade permanent works comprised the construction of a promenade extending 450m along previously reclaimed Lee Wharf 4, 5, and Throsby Wharfs, inclusive of a pedestrian bridge over Cottage Creek. The project also included the remediation and landscaping works to create open spaces adjacent to Cottage Creek.
Scope of Works
- Demolition of existing structures to allow permanent works including lowering of the existing Cottage Creek channel walls;
- New and existing stormwater modifications to accommodate permanent drainage;
- Earthworks, remediation and validation of the Promenade and Cottage Creek footprint;
- Construction of the Pedestrian Bridge over Cottage Creek;
- Construction of 450m of main promenade retaining walls, hardscape and soft scape landscape features, electrical lighting and hydraulic arrangements; and
- Naturalisation and landscaping adjacent to Cottage Creek.