Due to the continued growth in operations at Newcastle Airport, a need exists to expand the number of Code C aircraft bays to make sufficient space available for the current Code C size aircraft operations, and to allow for future expansion of Code E (wide body aircraft) operations.
The project involved bulk excavation, pavement works, services protection and drainage works in a Special Event Zone and a live airport environment, including interaction with public and traffic.
Scope of Works
- Construction of 6300m2 of flexible aircraft pavement
- Stormwater pipework and pits, and Class G grated drain construction
- Lighting and associated reticulation works
- Construction of structural services protection structure over multiple services in service corridor
- Linemarking, landscaping and associated finishing works