Newcastle Airport engaged Daracon to develop a new car parking facility within the Aerospace East Precinct to address the expansion of the Airport’s capacity. The new car park facility created an additional 488 car spaces and is designed for airport customers, staff and hire car businesses. The Aerospace East Carpark was completed over several stages with minimum disturbance of ongoing airport operations.
The works were completed while working within an active airport environment. The stagings of these works were carefully planned to ensure that the operation of the airport and existing car parking was not interrupted.
Scope of Works
- Earthworks and pavement construction
- Construct new pedestrian footpaths and road crossings
- Construct new shuttle bus bay and bus shelter
- Installation of carpark lighting, CCTV and stormwater drainage
- Landscaping and basin works