Since beginning the Wirraway Thornton development project in 2014 for Defence Housing Australia (DHA), Daracon has constructed all stages of the subdivision’s master plan that spans over 58 hectares and 511 lots.
Scope of Work
- Retaining walls
- Roads and stormwater drainage construction
- Concrete roundabouts
- Truck drainage construction, including 15m x 25m five cell RCBC
- Utilities installations
- Water and sewer reticulation including rising main
- The project was successfully achieved in short construction time frames due to DHA house construction requirements
- We managed the DHA house construction concurrent with civil activities; builders on-site before completion of civil works
- Construction of RMS spec reinforced concrete roundabout
- Installation of a 25m x 15m; 5 cell RCBC road crossing to an existing watercourse
- Acid Sulphate Soil (ASS) treatment to 1500m3 of material excavated from drainage corridor
- Working within a drainage corridor was a challenge during wet weather periods, however successfully achieved
- Managed subcontractor to install 9500m2 of split face keystone block retaining walls over five stages.