The largest adventure playground in Newcastle, the landscaping project continued from, and complemented, the recently installed footpaths, shade sails, shelters and BBQ area. It included the installment of a ropes climbing course, see-saw, swings, bridges, a slide, fireman’s pole and much more.
Scope of Work
- Excavation of play areas and pathways
- Installation of mixed pathways including exposed aggregate, natural concrete, sandstone ballast edge, stabilised gravel, sandstone crazy paving and coloured concrete
- Multiple types of retaining walls including a concrete pipe wall, concrete stepping log walls and block retaining walls, sandstone log walls
- Mixed sandstone materials including pavers, steps, boulders, log retaining walls
- Rubber soft-fall surfaces to multiple play equipment
- Custom playground elements; e.g. concrete 3m length pipe tunnel, galvanised steel climber tunnel with stainless steel climber wire, tunnel slide, sandstone rock scramble, toddler cubby house, rope bridge, rock play area, timber balancing beam, sandpit, timber stepping logs and three steel teepees
- Shade structures with both galvanised and timber construction
- Adventure climbing towers and cubby constructed with steel fabrication
- Playground equipment; e.g. see-saw, custom rope play units, reclaimed timber logs, all abilities carousel, stainless steel slide, double swings and birds nest swing
- Timber decks including slab footings
- Bench seating including footings and slabs
- Drinking fountain
- Garden areas with soil, mulch, steel and timber edging and plantings
- Electrical and stormwater services.