Daracon has been awarded the upgrade to Memorial Avenue, Kellyville. Memorial Avenue is approximately 2.2 kilometres long and connects Old Windsor Road in the west with Windsor Road in the east. It bisects the new Balmoral Road development and provides access to Blacktown, Glenwood, Stanhope Gardens, Parklea, Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill and Kellyville.
The Memorial Avenue upgrade will reduce travel times and congestion for motorists and improve road safety.
The key benefits to the community include:
- Increasing road capacity to cater for traffic growth;
- Improving safety for motorists through the installation of traffic lights and a central median to separate traffic travelling in opposing directions;
- Improving safety for cyclists and pedestrians by providing off-road shared paths;
- Improving travel times between Blacktown and Castle Hill;
- Improving access and travel times for road freight;
- Improving bus accessibility at traffic lights;
- Improved street lighting and landscaping; and
- Facilitating the development of the Balmoral Road release area precinct.
If you have any questions about this work or the Memorial Avenue upgrade please contact our project team on 1800 784 847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the project, visit https://roads-waterways.transport.nsw.gov.au/projects/kellyville-memorial-avenue-upgrade
Scope of Works
- Upgrading Memorial Avenue from a two lane to a four lane divided road with a central median;
- Introducing a speed limit of 80km/h;
- Providing a wide central median to allow for future widening to six lanes, when required in the future;
- Providing landscaping in the median;
- Constructing pedestrian/cyclist path on both sides of Memorial Avenue;
- Installing bus priority capability at traffic lights and indented bus bays at Arnold Avenue and Severn Vale Drive intersections; and
- Providing designated turning lanes and bicycle lanes at intersections with traffic lights.