M5 Moorebank Avenue Interchange
September 2002 - February 2003
Interlink Roads Pty Ltd
Scope of Work
- Reinforced earth walls
- Bridge abutments
- Approach ramps
- Electrical and traffic signal services
- Road pavements
- Stormwater structures
- Slope stabilizing
- The work involved reinforced earth walls at the bridge approaches and abutments.
- Moorebank Interchange was a two-stage project in which half the overpass was built to take traffic away from the existing intersection and enable the construction of a second bridge.
- Maintaining traffic continuity was an essential aspect of the work. There was constant liaison with the Traffic Management Centre about cooperative management strategies.
- The high traffic volumes through the site made night work necessary.
- Safety performance was excellent with no incidents occurring.
- A separate contractor, requiring special planning and cooperation between the two project teams, completed the bridge structure.
- Consultative approach between all parties such as RTA, Interlink, Daracon and Arenco ensured smooth passage of work resulting in completion some 9 months ahead of schedule