Lake Macquarie Variety Playground
August 2007 - May 2008
Lake Macquarie City Council
- Duration: 9 months
- Value: $1 M
- Location: Speers Point Park, Lake Macquarie
Scope of Work
- Construct custom designed deck and an assortment of structures including timber pirate boat, and themed painted timber panels and a variety of timber bridges and ramps.
- Install mixed hard surfaces of concrete, stabilized ryolite paths, paving, flagstone paving and soft-fall materials.
- Install a range of musical items.
- Install bins, modified drinking fountains and furniture for disabled access.
- Install shade structures and play equipment.
- Install sand pit with rock borders and coordinate the installation of the assorted decorative stone sculptures throughout the park.
- Install Liberty swing for wheelchair access supplied by Variety, the Children’s Charity.
- Coordinate the large range of subcontractors both through Council and Daracon Group.
- Complete works whilst dealing with contaminated site soil.
- Complete additional works within timeframe for official opening.
- Very high water table created issues for excavation of footings.