Boggabri Coal Haul Road and Bridge
December 2005 - October 2006
Idemitsu Boggabri Coal Pty Ltd
Scope of Work
- Bridge over Namoi River
- Rail loop to access loading facility
- Construction completed within program and budget.
- Bridge work had to accommodate regular high flows in the river as irrigation water was released from the upstream dam.
- A communication protocol was established with the dam controller to prevent any safety hazards associated with sudden rises in water level.
- The haul road was built as one stage with the whole length under construction simultaneously. GPS control enabled earthwork machines maximum flexibility in the timing and location of operations.
- Rail work was completed during a short shutdown that enabled the final link to be made to the main line.