Recent changes have been made to the State Government’s Protection of the Environment Operations Act as a consequence of the Orica incident at Kooragang in November 2011.
One of the main changes relates to the requirement for licence holders to develop and maintain Pollution Incident Response Plans (PIRMP’s). Accordingly, Daracon now have a PIRMP for each of our licensed and quarry sites, as well as one for the transportation of hazardous waste.
Each plan is relevant to local emergency response agencies, their precise contact details and how and when they will be contacted. The plans also include:
- description and likelihood of hazards
- pre-emptive actions to be taken
- inventory of pollutants
- safety equipment
- communicating with neighbours and the community
- minimising harm to persons on the premises
- actions to be taken during or immediately after a pollution incident
- staff training.
Please click the below links to view Daracon's PIRMP's