Daracon’s commitment to sponsorship is an important part of our business and reflects our commitment to giving back to the communities and people (particularly employees) who support us.
Daracon Group regularly supports many events and organisations each year as part of our commitment to the communities in our local areas. Over the past year, we have contributed in excess of $45,000 to many local community teams and events such as:
- Stockton to Birubi Beach Walk (Westpac Helicopter)
- Muswellbrook Apex Learn to Ride Bike Path
- Red Shield Appeal (The Salvation Army)
- Cessnock Relay for Life (Cancer Council)
- Shortland Public School
- Murrurundi Bushman's Carnival
- Lambton Jaffas Football Club
- Singleton Soccer Club
- Illawarra Rugby U13 Touring Team
- Paterson's New Years Eve 2010
- The Insitute of Quarrying Australia
- Black Hill Public School
- CHILD (Children Having Infant Limb Deficiency) Inc
- Branxton Golf Club
- Bishop Tyrell Anglican College - Basketball Team
- Rotary Club of Toronto (Newcastle Breast Centere Research Association)
- Edgeworth Tavern Cricket Club's Pink Stump Day (McGrath Foundation)
- Wallsend Public School
- CEO Sleepout (St Vincent de Paul)
- Avondale School Fun Day
- Paterson Golf Club
- King of the Rangers, Stockmans Challenge
- Newcastle and Hunter Valley Boxing Team
- Singleton Rugby Club
- Waratahs Rugby Union Football Club
- Hunter Region Community Action Group
- The McCallum Charity Golf Day
- Ashton Coal Fishing Competition
- Anglican Parish of Cessnock/Wollombi
- Cooks Hill Surf Life Saving Club
- Raymond Terrace Football Club
- JDRF Ride to Find a Cure (Diabetes)
- Maitland & District Schoolboys Rugby League Association
- Entrant for Sydney - Newcastle Paddle Board (Cystic Fibrosis)
By accessing the below links, you will find where Daracon focus our main sponsorships:
Variety, the Children's Charity
We are a major sponsor and active participant for “Variety – the Children’s Charity” and, having been involved for close to two decades, have raised in excess of $1,000,000 for children in need.
The culmination of our local fundraising is the week long Variety Bash through country New South Wales where we give away the proceeds of our fund raising to deserving schools and community groups. Our cars are especially themed to impress and excite children and adults alike. In addition to the Variety Bash, Daracon employees give generously through our workplace giving program raising on average an additional $20,000 per year.
Soul Café was established in August 2003 to serve hot meals to the homeless and disadvantaged people of Newcastle, free-of-charge. Soul Café currently provides more that 700 free meals per week to our community, many of whom are homeless, have a mental illness, substance abuse issue of live in poverty.
The café employs two full-time chefs and provides a community support person who assists clients in areas such as accommodation, finding appropriate welfare support and legal representation and medical advice when required.
Daracon have been supporting Soul Cafe since 2010.